Friday, May 9, 2014

ACL Surgery: Post-Op Day 7

It was a week ago today, that I had my surgery. In that week, I have seen the muscles in my calf and quad atrophy to the point of looking like something that resembles a pasty Gumbi leg with a swollen club foot. My vanity of looking good this summer in shorts, has certainly gone out of the window. But surgery is certainly a humbling experience.

I had a lot of problems last night sleeping due to the leg pain. Throbbing and searing pain running down my incision (below the knee cap) and medially on the inside of my knee. I almost broke down and took some of the prescription pain medicine I had been reacting badly to, but instead spent the wee hours of the morning watching the Mindy Project online.

Today after a lot of icing and laying around in bed with the cats working on school work and procrastinating on being anything useful, my knee pain has subsided. Which means my weekend will be spent working on my rehab exercises, cleaning my apartment, entertaining an old coworker from Andrews, and working on school work and work work. My only consolation is that by this time next month, summer will have begun, and I will be confident on where my job prospects with be for the next year (at my current employer or somewhere else). I will also hopefully be more mobile with a better looking leg than what is currently underneath all of the Ace bandages.




No comments:

Post a Comment