Sunday, May 4, 2014

ACL Surgery: Post-Op Day 2

So, today my post is definitely a lot less cheerful. This would also be due to the fact that the femoral block is now gone and I am having an allergic reaction to the Oxycodone. Thus, I have to forgo any strong pain medicine until the doctor calls me back on Monday. 


Today, my ankle on my right knee is about the size of Kansas and the mobility of yesterday is replaced with a snail's pace as everything hurts. The worst is finding a position comfortable enough to sleep in, where my leg doesn't feel like it's being snapped off. This is also compounded by the fact that my oldest cat, Stitch, sees my pain and wants to cuddle. Of course, he doesn't understand that 16 pounds of pressure doesn't feel good on a post-surgical knee.

Tomorrow, is the day I am supposed to remove the bandages from surgery and take a look behind curtain #1. The reality of actually being sliced into will be hard to ignore once the steri-strips and incisions are revealed in all of their glory. I am also hoping that being able to put the ice pack on top of the actual incisions will help with the pain and swelling tomorrow. 


I am already tired of the ACL brace and crutches, and it is only Day 2. And today, I lacked the courage to do any rehab exercises other than squeezing my quads. I have a feeling like any road, there is going to be some ups and downs in this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment