Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Getting Back in the Saddle

As the year draws to a close, I once again reflect on what I have accomplished and what I have yet to complete. I was excited for 2014, hoping that I could get back into triathlons and finally getting a handle on the weight struggles. However, after ACL surgery and a compression injury in my good leg, I am looking at December knowing that none of my fitness and health goals have been accomplished.

I am hoping that 2015 will be the year of getting back in the saddle..or more literally, the bike saddle. In about eight weeks, I should be healed enough from my compression injury to be able to focus on more intensive training. Which means the month of December and January will be about slowly easing back into a fitness routine.

After attending several Believe in Cleveland events, I am going to try and find a place that is affordable enough for me to devote more time to the practice. Not only is it a great form of exercise, but I am in desperate need of something that allows me to center, refocus, and most importantly, release some of the stress I have been holding.

When I dropped 60 pounds almost 8 years ago, I did it because I was not happy with the person in the mirror. I was embarrassed to be in photographs, and felt like a walrus in anything revealing. This time around, I need to lose approximately 80 pounds, and have a bigger challenge ahead. But as before, this journey is personal, and for myself. I am doing it for me, and that should be the biggest motivator as I move forward into 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment