Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Year of Friends

2014, while disappointing in terms of fitness, has been the year of friends for me. This year has been filled with many happy memories, and while none can fall into the romance category, every single one is attached to a friend or two.

Running races, yoga in front of the Rock Hall, housewarming parties, birthday celebrations, trivia nights, dinners, and last minute drinks have helped me to realize how blessed my life is because of the friendships I have. While my friends list has gotten shorter as I entered my 30's, the people on the list and the friendships with them have gotten richer.



It is the ones who have stayed who matter. The ones, no matter how near or far, who are happy to call me a friend, even if it has been days or weeks since we have talked or seen each other. For a few of them, they are the reasons why I have found myself again after so long. The people who believed in me, when I had lost faith in myself. The ones who haven't given up hope that someone is out there for me, when I no longer have it for myself. 

I hope your year has also been equally blessed with cherished friendships. And while 2015, will hopefully be a year of transformation, I hope my friendships will continue to transform me into a better person each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment